StrengthsQuest® is the Key to Unlocking the Talent in our High Schools
According to Gallup research, this is how students will achieve success in school and in careers. Gallup research has shown that engaging students in what they are interested in and where they excel will lead to the outcomes of better academic performance, higher test scores, and ultimately students’ ability to reach their full potential after high school.
The Importance of Knowing what Drives Individual Behaviour.
StrengthsQuest® is Gallup’s online educational portal built around the Clifton Strengthsfinder® assessment. Strengthsfinder® is the world’s leading psychometric rooted in the new movement of Positive Psychology. Approximately 13million people have taken the assessment.
The Clifton StrengthsFinder® measures the presence of 34 talent themes. Talents are people’s naturally recurring patterns of thought, feeling, or behavior that can be productively applied. The Top 5 version will reveal a person’s 5 core Signature themes that dominate how they react and behave.
In discovering what their core talent themes are, one can gain important insight into individudal behaviour including;
- understanding what motivates a person;
- why people do what they do;
- what a person intrinsically expects from their environment;
- how they connect to other people and;
- possible environments that will best suit who they are.
This information can then be applied to help all aspects of the educational journey. Most importantly, the focus is now on what is right with people rather than on what is wrong with them.
The Clifton Strengthsfinder®’s is recommended for all school Staff as well as learners at a Grade 11 level. For younger learners, we recommend Gallup’s Strengths-explorer® (Grade 7).
Specific Value to Teachers
- Discover your natural teaching style;
- Understand how you like to manage your classroom;
- Gain insight into your relational style;
- Collaborate better with other teachers;
- Develop key focus areas of expertise;
- Rediscover your passion for teaching;
This information can then assist in informing timetabling, academic focus areas, how to create space for innovation in learning, and in the development of impactful learner mentorship and emotional support programs.
Specific Value to Learners
StrengthsFinder® can be taken by anybody with a reading age of 15yrs or older. It can provide invaluable information on:
- Areas of natural motivation and procrastination;
- Areas of potential stress & coping style;
- Learning style;
- Relational style;
- Natural approach to discipline and structure;
- Identify areas of potential ability and strength;
- Assist in determining potential career options;
This information is critical for the development of a positive self image.